Monday, January 2, 2012

Running Books

As I read running books, I will document them here.
Click on the links to read related posts about the book.

Running Stories
  • Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen by Christopher McDougall. A truly amazing story centered around a Mexican running tribe that will blow your mind. The book played a big role in the "minimalist" movement.
  • Eat and Run: My Unlikely Journey to Ultramarathon Greatness by Scott Jurek with Steve Friedman. A great overview of Scott Jurek's life and career to date with detailed information on his diet and some recipes too.
  • Finding Ultra: Rejecting middle age, becoming one of the World's fittest men and discovering myself by Rich Roll. The story of a high school nerd who hit rock bottom and came back to be one of the top endurance athletes in the world.
  • In The Long Run: A Father, a Unintentional Lessons in Happiness by Jim Axelrod. I found this book to be an open and honest look into life and relationships. It actually inspired me to run with my son which created great joy for me.
  • Ultramarathon Man: Confessions of an all-night runner by Dean Karnazes. For some reason, people love to knock Dean. It's probably because he has become the most famous ultra runner even though he is not the best. That shouldn't take away from his accomplishments. This is a great account of how it all got started.
  • Run! 26.2 Stories of Blisters and Bliss by Dean Karnazes. There are some great little stories in here. You get a better sense of his relationships with friends and his father, etc. It's more of a bathroom read because it is not just one story.
Training Books
  • Daniels' Running Formula – 2nd Edition by Jack Daniels. This is definately an advanced read and at times I felt a little lost in the science. Even though it was written for more advanced runners, I learned an incredible amount about how training and different types of runs impact your overall performance. It's fascinating.
Running Related Books

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, give me a little comment.