Mizuno has a new campaign. It's called the Mezamashii Run Project. They claim that the project is about creating more euphoric running experiences. I for one can get behind that! The word "mezamashii" means "eye-opening" or "brilliant" in Japanese. In a nutshell, it seems that Mizuno may be lacking exposure in the running community and rather than just bombarding people with expected advertising featuring elite runners, they want to give shoes to key influencers and have their experiences shared via Social Media. Mizuno believe that their shoes deliver Mezamashii to more runners more often than other shoes and are willing to prove it. I think getting real people to try shoes and share their experiences is a strong play (as long as the shoes are good enough). Getting influential runners (who are still everyday people) to do it is even stronger. You can read the details and watch some videos at www.mizunorunningnews.com.
|Mizuno Mezamashii Run Project Site|
- Mizuno is taking applications for people who want to be a part of the program. You can apply here: www.mizunousa.com/mezamashiirunproject. The people who are lucky enough to be accepted will get a free pair of shoes.
- These "founding Mezamashii Run Project members" will then be able to invite other people to the project but they will be people who they deem worthy. They too will receive a free pair of Mizuno running shoes.
- Mizuno will inspire the Mezamashii Run Project community throughout the year and give them early access to product launches and exclusive Mizuno events, etc.
- What will Mizuno's definition of "worthy" be?
- How will they decide which shoes to give applicants?
- How will they gather the feedback?
- Will they launch new shoes as a part of this campaign?
- Will they be brave and allow honesty in the feedback?
- How will they distribute the feedback for others to see the proof of Mezamashii?
Good luck to you all and let me know if you were successful.
To apply, go to: www.mizunousa.com/mezamashiirunproject