Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Get FREE Mizuno Shoes and Mezamashii

I am fully aware that Mizuno contacted me in order to use this blog to get marketing attention. That's absolutely fine as long as there is a value exchange. This could be a way for some of you to get a free pair of Mizuno shoes and talk about the experience of running. It's not just a minimalist shoe thing, so all running shoe types can look into it. Here's the scoop:


Mizuno has a new campaign. It's called the Mezamashii Run Project. They claim that the project is about creating more euphoric running experiences. I for one can get behind that! The word "mezamashii" means "eye-opening" or "brilliant" in Japanese. In a nutshell, it seems that Mizuno may be lacking exposure in the running community and rather than just bombarding people with expected advertising featuring elite runners, they want to give shoes to key influencers and have their experiences shared via Social Media. Mizuno believe that their shoes deliver Mezamashii to more runners more often than other shoes and are willing to prove it. I think getting real people to try shoes and share their experiences is a strong play (as long as the shoes are good enough). Getting influential runners (who are still everyday people) to do it is even stronger. You can read the details and watch some videos at www.mizunorunningnews.com.

Mizuno Mezamashii Run Project Application Site
Mizuno Mezamashii Run Project Site

The initially mechanics of the program that Mizuno shared go a little like this...
  1. Mizuno is taking applications for people who want to be a part of the program. You can apply here: www.mizunousa.com/mezamashiirunproject. The people who are lucky enough to be accepted will get a free pair of shoes.
  2. These "founding Mezamashii Run Project members" will then be able to invite other people to the project but they will be people who they deem worthy. They too will receive a free pair of Mizuno running shoes.
  3. Mizuno will inspire the Mezamashii Run Project community throughout the year and give them early access to product launches and exclusive Mizuno events, etc.
Obviously, the first phase is about buzz and creating the desire for an invite. No further details are available and I'm curious to see how it will all play out. I have some initial questions:

  • What will Mizuno's definition of "worthy" be?
  • How will they decide which shoes to give applicants?
  • How will they gather the feedback? 
  • Will they launch new shoes as a part of this campaign?
  • Will they be brave and allow honesty in the feedback?
  • How will they distribute the feedback for others to see the proof of Mezamashii?
Being an inquisitive type, I applied myself. I thought that I could be a worthy candidate. In some small way, this blog is meant to inspire others to run and love running. I'll let you know how it goes.

Good luck to you all and let me know if you were successful.
To apply, go to: www.mizunousa.com/mezamashiirunproject

3 comments:

  1. I think the project is a great thing they're doing and its smart to reach out to the blogging community as it is so large. I applied myself a few weeks back and have not heard anything. I am hopeful but will have to wait and see. So far, the only buzz I have heard and people chosen have been bloggers. Although some bloggers have been giving away invites on their blogs as well.

    Good luck in getting chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda. I've never really enjoyed wearing Mizuno shoes but I was excited to be a part of something positive around running. Maybe I'll find another great shoe in the process. We'll see. No word from them to date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to have a mizuno shoes for my daily training in school bec. my shoes for now is very old and very damage So i hope I can have a pair of mizuno shoes.

    ReplyDelete

Come on, give me a little comment.