Saturday, September 24, 2011

Screw you Runner's World!

So, while I am recovering, I am trying to educate myself about running. I am thinking that I can learn something about ramping back up after injury and maybe even avoiding overtraining injuries in future.

The first book I am reading is Jack Daniels' Running Formula (Second Edition). I am finding it super interesting. It's fun to read while pretending to be a legitimate contender. Like Jack gives a crap if I can get my times down to mediocre! The cover of the book isn't very inspiring. Dude is a hot sweaty mess. Don't let that fool you - Jack's got game.

The second book that I haven't looked at yet is Tim Noakes' Lore of Running (Fourth Edition). Runners World says it's a must "for the serious runner". I regard myself as serious kinda :) I suspect that Runner's World actually means  "for the accomplished runner" and I'm not sure that I am quite in that camp yet. Screw you Runner's World! I am going to read it anyway and you can't do a darned thing about it. Actually, the only thing that may stop me is the size of the thing. It's an intimidating 930 or so pages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, give me a little comment.